If you’re at all like me, you stress about things like picking out the perfect outfits for photos. Every year, we take anniversary photos & it takes me about a month (minimum) to find the right dress! I’ve finally feel like I’ve cracked the code to shopping – online boutiques!! Even though the number of choices is overwhelming, I’ve come up with a little system to make the process a little easier & a lot more fun!
- As I mentioned before, ONLINE BOUTIQUES! If you don’t want to have the same outfits as everyone ever, ditch places like Target (not bashing cause I’m a Target junky too) & opt for a more unique piece! Some of my fave places are…
- Movement is key!! When selecting a dress, choose one that will allow you to move around easily & it’s a super bonus if you can twirl in it :) The same rule applies for your more casual outfit, too!
- Color! Pick something that compliments you well!! I tend to keep away from super bright patterns & thin stripes, they don’t photograph quite as beautifully! Floral, though, is ALWAYS good :) Keep in mind the environment that you are going to be in for photo as well!
- Coordinate, not match. I think this is the hardest thing. As a good rule of thumb, if one of you is in a bright color, choose a neutral for the other! Also, colors are hard to match, so trying to pick the “same color” will typically clash! Scroll through Pinterest to get some ideas :)
- Don’t be afraid to dress it up!! A suit & tie paired with a soft, flowy dress is absolutely timeless! An alternative is a nice button up & jeans if your guy isn’t totally in on the full get-up :)
- Professional hair & makeup makes a HUGE difference!! A pro will know the best tips that photograph well & it’s also fun to get pampered for a day! Ask around for recommendations in your area!
- Get that ring cleaned!! The more sparkle & shine, the better! :)
- Bring lots of water!! We all know how Iowa summers are & staying hydrated is so important.
- Relax & have fun! You’re only engaged once!! :)
Images via Pinterest